Whether you are by the fireside or poolside, nothing beats a good book on a winter’s day. For children in the north, it’s fun reading about experiences in the snow and cold, however, for children in the south, they can read about what they are missing and have fun too through the magic of books.
Here are a few books to try:
- A Really Good Snowman by Daniel J. Mahoney (Clarion)
- Winter’s Gift written and illustrated by Jane Monroe Donovan (Sleeping Bear Press)
- Snowball Fight by Jimmy Fallon (Dutton Children’s Books)
- Tacky and the Winter Games by Helen Lester (Houghton Mifflin)
- Robert’s Snow by Grace Lin (Viking)
- The First Day of Winter by Denise Fleming (Henry Holt & Co.)
- It’s Winter (Celebrate the Seasons) by Linda Glaser (Millbrook Press)
- Winter Friends by Carl R. Sams & Jean Stoick (Carl R. Sams II Photography)
- Dream Snow by Eric Carle (Philomel)
- The Three Snow Bears by Jan Brett (Putnam Juvenile)
Do you feel like making some snowmen crafts? Check out these fun ideas!
I hope you and your children enjoy these winter books and craft suggestions. Please feel free to comment below and add some of your wintry favorites.
(Books first posted on Caring for Kids/ EverydayTLC by Tania Cowling)